Doomsday Clock closest to midnight it's ever been: 100 seconds



Read all about it, in case you missed the one tiny mention in the WaPo and the one article in the Guardian (which is all I saw) here. I didn't do much of a study: the google tells me it was picked up in various places; scrolling down on the site itself shows more media coverage.

Great. And it was given exactly none of the proportional attention it deserves: a one-off, one-day, one-cycle affair.

I mean, bummer right? Who gives a fuck about the kids? My peace of mind requires denial! But I'm very worried that my children might not code properly in our brave new future.

I mean, Doug, I know that one of the three main threats, aside from nukes and carbon, is that of propaganda, which only works if you collaborate with it -- which is my go-to move! Peace of mind! Steven Pinker (and Donald Trump) is right! Be an optimist!