A Cup of Tea

One could write a poem about drinking tea.
About drinking tea and looking into the reflection.

"Drink away my friend," I say.

I wait a bit longer.

And I look a bit closer.

A nose slowly in focus. Shadows the highs and lows of a contrasted detail.
Then an eye. All seeing?

On the brink of time-space, images curve
A mouth, neck and motion the warp. The nose reaches the other end of my universe.
Shaking, vibrating, pulsing pores. It could be horrid or beautiful. Frightening?

"What you see is who you are," my friend whispers, "Drink away."

And I drink. I drink every last drop till the cup bleeds no more.
Because I like my Fruit and Almond tea.

But it's just a cup of tea
___________



I just scribbled this down about two minutes ago. I actually had these thoughts while drinking a cup of tea. I've meant it to be like drinking my reflection, "myself" as society and even I see myself ("What you see is who you are."). At the same time, the poem is meant to tell people that their self image is just an image. I happen to like my image, or my cup of tea, so I drank all of it!
That was just the most obvious metaphor. Can anyone find some others? I'm curious as to what people would think.