The Unbearable Frightness of Being Jewish in Alabama, WaPo

Or, as the WaPo put it: "A millionaire paid Jews to move to a small town in Alabama. Now, a couple struggle with their choice."


The horror! The horror!

My wife and and I literally laughed through this silliness

Try to find what makes it hard to be a Jew in Alabama. Note that aside from these snowflakes, the Priddles, no other Jews in the town can recall an antisemitic act. I’m actually surprised they didn’t get more flak, being almost literally carpetbaggers. They were paid by a Jewish millionaire to come down from the North to "build the South?" And they're amazed to discover that there aren't oodles of Jewdles running about hither and tither? The hell did they expect, the Upper West Side?

Here’s what I could find, even though the Priddles (adult converts, which might explain their silliness, ie, identity-mongering) can apparently recount at will all the antisemitism...except to an actual reporter, even a overly sympathetic one:

1. They’re "worn down" from working in their Reform synagogue. I presume this doesn’t count as antisemitism.

2. The massive methodist church--right across the street!--is bigger than their temple. I presume this doesn’t count as antisemitism.

3. Goyim with dementia apparently didn’t fully get the whole Hanukkah thing, and, worse, these terrible goys dared to play Christmas music within earshot of Jews!!!! How "flustering!" Worse than Kristallnacht! 

No one had any questions, possibly because they’d already forgotten what was said. Except one question about matzah. They also didn’t dig the latkes. I presume none of this counts as antisemitism. 

"I don’t know why I got so nervous," says the female Priddle. Yeah, me neither.

4. The male Priddle had trouble finding work in the smaller labor market, given that he was a facilities manager at a synagogue in New York. I presume this doesn’t count as antisemitism.

5. OK, a crack about making hamburgers with baby blood is antisemitic. Check.

6. Another ancient Alabaman might have not wanted a Jew taking elder-care of her. A possible check. Maybe she didn’t dig him for other reasons. 

7. A Christian offers a prayer of support to her coworker in her own religion’s mode. How dare she? There are lots of Christian signs up; harmless, if annoying, positive-thinking crap, Christian-style. Why is that so threatening? And, I trust this doesn’t count as antisemitism.

8. They are missing being closer to their grandkids. I presume this isn’t the goyim’s fault. Who told them to move to Alabama?

So, one crazy statement in seven years. Run for the Catskills!

God, do I hate the endless narcissism that is identity-mongering. I will call it "priddling" from now on.