Another Ray of Sunshine on An Otherwise Cloudy Day

OK, here's the deal:


Meanwhile, the DoE has rebranded hydrocarbons as "freedom molecules." Sure, laugh and look down your nose at it: it's just the end of civilization, that's all. But, sure, preen yourself in front of this idiotic PR, which will work. While you refuse to remove hydrocarbon equities from your 401(k).

Those fucking idiot denialists! Just awful, aren't they?

Well, they are. Chomsky, as usual, is spot onthose people who know, and have always known, that burning carbon will destroy civilization, and who have lied through their teeth, to this very day, to the population, are literally worse than the Nazis. 

Shit, I'll embed it. You decide for yourself:


Outrageous statement? Answer me this: did the Nazis want to destroy civilization and possibly kill everyone on earth? Answer: no. They were, until recently, the worst set of human beings in history. 

We're bettering them: we literally don't give a shit that we're knowingly destroying the possibility of organized human existence, and possibly of the species itself.

Finally, we have made America great again. So, for the love of god, carry on like nothing much is amiss. Build your resume. Have your stupid pointless family fights. Lie to yourselves. 

Just don't think you're any better than the denialists.

"Doug, I know you're right, I know you don't spare yourself, so I can't attack you there. But my giant fucking ego can't handle the truth: that the world and all in it, including my loved ones, can go to hell--what matters is my fucking ego. Please, do me a favor and be a good friend: join the lies I tell myself. That's love, that's duty, that's honor. 

"What a dumbass you are, Doug--oh, and by the way, I don't even understand what you write. I mean, I'm furious with you for pointing out my hypocrisies, but in order to shield myself, I'll pretend I don't understand [Then why the anger? If it was literally incomprehensible, all there'd be is confusion, right? "Shut up, Doug, I'm on a roll!"]. I'll pretend that you're crazy, mean, full of shit, or anything else I need. As counterfactually as the most braindead, brainwashed, creationist, AGW-denying Trump-leg humper. Because the only other option is looking in the mirror. And we can't have that, now, can we?"

And so on.

Meanwhile, here's another hard truth: Anyone with children in a love relationship with someone who is supporting this monster and his set of monsters is going down on someone every Tuesday night who is arranging to destroy the possibility of a decent life for their children.

Don't like that? Then disprove it, but your outrage is, um, slightly misplaced, I'd say. Me saying this is not arranging to destroy the possibility of a decent life for your children. So, keep it up--with a spouse or Uncle Moron Racist or whomever else. Go ahead.