More Creeping -- actually, scratch that -- Sprinting Fascism: 1984izing your Neighborhood

Someone in our neighborhood tried to get us to sign up for this shit. No fucking way. We left the email version after getting twenty "who was that unregistered brown person in our neighborhood, did he want to rape me, and can we have him drawn and quartered right now?" messages a week.

We live in a pretty Republican/Trumpy neighborhood, unfortunately. Close to the highways, at least, and pretty enough. And who actually talks to their neighbors nowadays, right?

But, yeah, as in every single fucking example in history, when the shit goes south, it'll be your nice, cute little friends'n'neighbors, if not family members, too, who'll be there to sell you out. 

That's what fascism breeds, and it don't need to try too hard with some. Probably most. The temptation to use state power or vigilantes to settle scores is just too much. 

Yes, of course, Virginia: the reason I am against this is because I'm for all kinds of crime. O course! I mean, if we were all under 24/7 surveillance, there'd be no crime, right? So, you're for crime!

You think I'm satirizing. I'm not. I'm fucking quoting--and from "woke" liberals.