Risking Total Annihilation for the Sake of Profit - with Wilkerson and J...



Here's a YouTube playlist of the full discussion, which began by reviewing the current film on Dick Cheney, Vice.

This segment is the point: it's about the US military-industrial complex, and the survival of the species.

On that note, here's the full playlist of Daniel Ellsberg's long interview with Paul Jay on his book, The Doomsday Machine, which you should read. And then act upon.

You won't. Much more relevant to bash your kids for not scoring in the 99th percentile on the SAT. I mean, clearly, the priority for parenting is to make sure that when your kid melts into the liquefying asphalt, somewhere in a box in his or her basement, a diploma from an Ivy-level university is what instantly incinerates. Not to do so would be bad parenting.

"But, Doug--what do I do about this? Certainly, I and my Ivy-level degrees can't figure it out on my own, so, in order to try to get myself off the hook, I'm going to heavily imply there's no reason for me to change one iota of my daily routine, hoping you won't be able to reply so I don't have to face what a weak, selfish prick I really am."

Sorry: here are several organizations you should at a minimum throw down for. Perhaps they even have apps you can tap on, too:
And you could make positions on climate change and nuclear weapons, the top two threats to basically everything decent and the possibility of life itself, your top two requirements for your vote at the federal level, at a bare minimum. You could annoy your friends by talking about these issues periodically.

Or you can continue to be a lazy coward. Simple choice.

I'm just here to help.

To expand the issue a bit more, here's my one and only article for The Canary, which I quit when I got an email announcing the institutionalization of a call-out culture inside the almost-entirely-freelance company in "defense" of women, people of color, LBGTQI--anyone not a white male. (This was the result of a secret committee no one even knew about, and we were told not to much bother with even asking what won't be offensive since it's so hard for nonwhite non males to get through the day without having to explain themselves. And any retort other than obeisance was to be labeled "defensiveness." This is literally true, not satiric exaggeration.)

Yeah, they got the right priorities. I quit. The rot is everywhere, not just in those Others, however defined, which you use as a scratching post for your own ego, or perhaps as a distraction from having to look in the mirror.