Interview with financial economist and historian, Dr. Michael Hudson (CV). Liquidity crisis in the banking system; wiping out of credit; demise of the dollar; stock volatility; hedge funds; sub- prime lending, real estate tax versus labor tax, etc.
Dr. Hudson has been appointed Chief Economic Advisor for the Kucinich for President campaign, and is writing a new tax policy for the United States. He is President of The Institute for the Study of Long-Term Economic Trends, a Wall Street Financial Analyst, Distinguished Research Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri, Kansas City and author of Super-Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire (PDF). Visit his website.
- iTulip Interview Thursday - March 15th, 2007
- "America: Host or Parasite?" (audio)
in Guns and Butter, KPFA - Wednesday, March 14th, 2007
"We discuss the US balance of payments trade deficit which creates US credit to finance the US national debt and war abroad; Russian economic shock therapy as the final stage of the cold war; the real estate bubble; permanent war and the inevitable collapse of the current US dominated global economic system."
Beneath The Surface with Suzi Weissman - April 24th 2006
- Real Estate: Growth, Crash, or Soft Landing? (audio-mp3 file)
Dr. Michael Hudson speaks on the current real estate market - 2006 December
- Saving, Asset-Price Inflation, and Debt-Induced Deflation , Post-Keynesian Conference, June 2004
- Poland, the Euro and the Dollar's Double Standard - September 2004
- Will Europe suffer the Swiss Syndrome - August 2003
- An Insider Spills the Beans on Offshore Banking Centers - February 2004
- Russia: Reforming the Reformers - February 2004
- How Privatization Sterilizes Culture - February 2004
- Chile's Failed Economic Laboratory - October 2003
- Tech Bubble: Who Benefited? - August 2003
- The Coming Financial Reality - July 2003
- Super Imperialism - The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance - 2003
- Coming in 2007: 2nd ed. of Trade, Development and Foreign Debt - (1992)
- Other Apps