Click above or read below:
Immediate opening for full-time Outreach Director
Democracy Now! is a daily, non-profit, national, independent news hour based in New York City. Over the past 12 years, the outreach team at Democracy Now! has extended the reach of the program dramatically. In 2001 Democracy Now! was available on only 34 stations. Today, over 700 TV and radio stations across the globe carry the program and hundreds of thousands of viewer/listeners stream and podcast the show at democracynow.org. Democracy Now! is hiring a full-time Outreach Director to lead our ongoing efforts to reach hundreds of millions new viewers and listeners with our grassroots global news hour.
• Manage the work of outreach department staff and volunteers as they work to grow DN! audience and expand the network of stations that carry the program.
• Develop and implement DN! publicity strategy.
• Build online viewer/listenership and raise DN!’s profile on the Internet.
• Seek out new distribution platforms.
• Launch Teaching Democracy Now! project, which will provide resources and support to educators who want to use DN! content in their classrooms.
• Coordinate with Democracy Now! en español team as needed.
• Provide planning and reporting on department activities.
• In-depth knowledge of Democracy Now!
• 3-5 years work experience in media field
• 3-5 years managerial experience
• Publicity and/or marketing experience
• Familiarity with viral marketing
• Familiarity with public broadcasting field
• Extremely well organized
This is a full-time New York City based position with benefits and salary based on experience. Democracy Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and persons with diverse gender and sexual identities.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach Director” as the subject. No phone calls.